ActiveiQ Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training – Level 3
This course combines the Level 2 Gym Instructing qualification with a Level 3 in Personal Training to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to work as a personal trainer in a gym setting or alternate environment.
This qualification will provide a combination of knowledge and skills to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes and personal training sessions to a range of clients.
As part of the qualification, you will cover the following:
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology that is applicable to gym instructing and personal training
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Health and safety in a fitness environment
- Customer care
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect well-being
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change
- The skills needed to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of client in a variety of environments and with a range of resources
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if desired
- How to manage, evaluate and improve their own performance
- How to use technology to support clients and manage a personal training business
The course will be delivered over 1 year and you will be expected to attend 2 evening classes per week. Wednesday and Thursday, 5pm-9pm.
*Students with the Level 2 Gym Instructing qualification may be able to enrol on the course to complete the personal training qualification at a reduced fee of £1,500.
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- An informal interview with the course tutor is also required
- Completion of workbooks
- Report writing
- Group work
- Practical assessments
- Multiple choice online exams
- This qualification provides progression to a career as a personal trainer.
- You may also progress onto qualifications in related sectors, like Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside personal training.
- The course will also provide access onto The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3.
- Successful achievement of this qualification will also provide entry to the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) as a practitioner (exercise and fitness). To reads more about CIMSPA, visit www.cimspa.co.uk
For more info, contact our Student Services team, firstname.lastname@example.org