Health, Exercise and Fitness Instruction, Level 2
Our Health, Exercise and Fitness course is the perfect opportunity to you to take the next steps to working in the Health & Fitness industry.
Whether you’re looking to turn your passion into a career or just fancy a career change, this Level 2 course is the ideal starting point.
What’s more, the course is FREE* for most people!
You will study topics including:
- Anatomy and Physiology covering the various systems within the body such as Skeletal, Muscular, Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Energy systems
- Supporting clients who take part in exercise and physical activity, how to build effective working relationships and how to address barriers to exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- Principles of exercise, fitness and heath
- Understanding how to create and monitor exercise programmes
- Planning and preparing clients for gym-based exercises
- Instructing gym based exercise, teaching you the skills to instruct and supervise clients undertaking gym based exercise
- Two multiple choice exams in anatomy and principles of exercise
- Practical demonstration assessment
- Portfolio work
There are no formal entry requirements but basic maths and English skills are required.
You will also need to attend an informal interview with the course tutor to check the course is right for you.
This course will take place on a Thursday evening from 5.30pm-8.30pm over 10 weeks (starting January 2024)
This course is FREE* for most people.
*Some eligibility criteria may apply. Our admissions team can advise following application
The course aims to prepare you to work in the Health & Fitness industry.
You can also progress onto other courses relating to this qualification including:
- Level 2 Instructing Circuits
- Level 2 Instructing Kettlebells
- L2 Planning and designing health and fitness activity for children
- L3 Personal Trainer