Performing Engineering Operations Level 1
This course is designed to introduce you to engineering at a practical level to develop your skills and knowledge to then progress onto a Level 2 qualification.
This course is a great starting point for anyone who still isn’t quite sure on their future career path.
During year 1 of the course, you will develop practical skills based on machining such as assembly, welding and electrical operations alongside bench-fitting skills.
In year 2, you will have the option to experience other industrial areas such as wiring and testing electrical equipment and circuits, gas welding and mechanical assembly.
You will cover the following subject areas:
- Unit 201a Complying with statutory regulation and organisational requirements
- Unit 102 Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Unit 103 Using and communicating technical information
- Unit 105 Assembling mechanical components
- Unit 115 Using manual metal arc welding equipment
- Unit 121 Assembling electrical equipment and circuits
There are no formal entry requirements for the Level 1 course however, if you have not achieved a Grade 4 or above, you will be required to study maths & English alongside your course.
On completion of the Level 1 course, you could progress on to the Level 2 in Performing Engineering Operations