Metal Inert Gas Welding (January) – Level 1
This course is a basic introductory practical welding programme in the chosen method of either MIG, TIG and MMA to suit the individual interests of the person undertaking the course.
The programme offers the City & Guilds 3268 Introductory Welding Skills. Students will be awarded with a certificate at the end of each unit.
By studying this course, you will gain:
- Knowledge of basic welding and processes
- Skills in welding basic joints
- Skills in joining a range of materials
- A basic understanding of fault analysis of a weld or joint
- Manual Metal Arc (MMA) Welding
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding
- Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding
Throughout the course you will produce work that will be assessed against the City and Guilds awarding body standards. The final assessment will test your unit-based knowledge and practical work. We will support you throughout the course with regular assessment tasks and feedback in preparation for the formal assessments.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Students are required to wear overalls and steel toe capped boots