TyneMet College offers a wide choice of Apprenticeship programmes, providing a friendly, personal service to help you to commence your career and continue to build your qualifications. Apprenticeship programmes are an excellent choice if you don't want to stay in full-time education and know what sort of career path you want to follow. Ideally, you will already be employed but we may be able to help with this if you are having difficulty.
Business Administration Apprentice Green Energy Consulting
40.00 Hours Per Week
Possible start date
10 Aug 2017
13 Jun 2017
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017
Green Energy Consulting are a rapidly growing business who specialise in Energy Management/Reduction.
Our services are designed to save time, energy, and money. We work to help with all energy matters; from procurement through to implementing energy management and consumption reduction strategies. Our dedication and market intelligence means that we offer informed knowledge and unbiased advice. We provide complete carbon management solutions which allow any business to make all aspects of their energy use carbon neutral.
We work closely with our clients to evaluate their needs and requirements; helping to lower overall tariff rates, giving advice on more structured longer-term contracts, and moving energy to renewable sources. We leverage our strong high-level supplier relationships and buying power to access products unavailable to the marketplace. This in turn gives the ability to tailor large multiple meters, single end date contract terms and focused overall energy management solutions.
We are a vibrant company with a fantastic atmosphere who offer regular performance based incentives business-wide, regardless of the role.
We are looking for a dynamic Apprentice to work for a progressive company based in Gateshead. This is a varied position therefore you will gain general office experience in administration and gain valuable energy sector knowledge. It is vital that you have good excel capability and are willing to learn new skills. The role will suit someone who wants to work in a fast paced and busy environment and within a role that is changeable covering a wide range of duties.
• Typing various documents/letters/reports as required
• Manage and maintain data, ensuring it is up to date
• Liaising with energy suppliers via telephone to confirm accurate details
• Producing reports using MS Packages
• Diary and email management
• First port of call for all telephone enquires
• General administrative duties such as filing and photocopying
• Basic finance tasks such as payments and invoicing
• Good computer skills, including experience of working with Excel• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good telephone manner
• Well organised with the ability to prioritise tasks based on urgency
• Punctual with great time management• Flexibility as the role may involve covering administration duties within other departments
Training to be provided
• Full company induction with our in-house training team
• Shadowing experienced colleagues prior to being set individual tasks
• Ongoing support throughout employment from senior staff and trainers.Qualifications Required
Minimum of grade A-C in IT, Mathematics and English or equivalent
• Outgoing with the ability to fit into various teams within the business
• Ambitious and possess a genuine interest in progression