Additional Learning Support
What is additional learning support? Well, it’s just that – support which is in addition to the course you are studying. Our support services are there to support, guide and advise all students regardless of your course, the level you are studying or if you already receive another form of support. Whether you need a little extra help with your studies, specialist equipment, or just need a chat, the team are there for you.
The wellbeing of each and every student is at the forefront of everything we do. We want all students to flourish and excel while helping you develop confidence, self-motivation, independence and life skills. That is why our ALS team will work with your every step of the way to produce a bespoke support package just for you and your needs.
We have outlined the kind of support the team has provided to other students to help make their time with us easier. These are just examples and if you would like to discuss support which isn’t outlined below, please get in touch with us.
Examples of the kind of support we can provide, include:
• Special exam arrangements
• One to one support, in and out of the classroom
• Help with personal care needs
• Trained and experienced learning support assistants
• Specialist software and equipment
• Communication Support Workers
• Qualified Teacher of the Deaf
• Assessment and support for dyslexia
• Note takers/ scribes
• Maths, English and ESOL support
• Personal tutor to monitor progress and assist with day-to-day queries
• Learning Support Assistants (LSA) to provide support in and out of class as needed
• Supervision over lunch, break and transport (if necessary)
• Sensory room and quiet areas within specialist provision and across college
If you would like to discuss any support you feel would benefit you during your time with us, please pop into our Learning Support base, call us on 0191 229 5000 or email email@example.com.
Online support services – we may not be onsite at the minute, but we are still here for you.
Additional Learning Support Services
We also have a number of additional support services to help at every stage of your journey with us.
Personal and Progression Coach
All full-time 16-18 students are allocated their own Performance and Progression Coaches (PPC). Your PPC is there to support you throughout your time with us and will provide one-to-one progress reviews, let you know all about the additional learner support available, and are there to provide information and advice about anything you need. Don’t forget, if you just need a chat, they’re there for you.
|SEND MANAGER - Christopher Pointerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SEND ADVISOR - Amy Pattisonemail@example.com|
|SEND ADVISOR - Christopher Scottfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TIMETABLING AND SUPPORT COORDINATOR - Dorothy Henryemail@example.com|
|PASTORAL SUPPORT MANAGER - Dawn Wisefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|COLLEGE COUNSELLOR - Jude Fletcheremail@example.com|