Business Ambassador Programme
TyneMet College's Business Ambassador Programme is a network of forward thinking business people who are committed to shaping and driving business success in North Tyneside and the region overall.
Tyne Metropolitan College is committed to creating a model that harnesses industry-relevant skills by proactively working with employers to build strong workforces of the future. Empowering young people with a greater understanding of working practices, sector needs and employer expectations is of paramount importance to us. The Business Ambassador Programme aims to build a positive representation of industry sectors by engaging students through an associative partnership of businesses who reflect the College’s desire to inspire young people and raise awareness of developing employer relations to harbor successful career paths for the future whilst developing and driving talented workforces.
TyneMet’s Business Ambassador Programme is made up of a group of successful role models from the world of industry to help inspire, positively influence and empower students in order to help them to develop a range of skills that employers like you are looking for.
What is a Business Ambassador?
A TyneMet Business Ambassador can be employed in any industry sector and there are no formal entry requirements or required commitments for you to become a member of the programme. Becoming a Business Ambassador for TyneMet College is a fantastic opportunity for you to endorse TyneMet's values and the commitment to the college's strategic plan; 'raising aspirations, changing lives’, which successfully builds upon developing the regions economic strength as well as contributing to the area's future leaders and future success of your business.
A summary of our Strategic Plan 'Excellence through Innovation' is available to download here.
What is involved in becoming a Business Ambassador?
There are many ways that a Business Ambassador can become involved with students, curriculum planning and much more. From student work placements and training opportunities to working with students on activities relevant to your business, to help them better understand the world of work and future opportunities. Or you may simply wish to be involved in business networking opportunities such as events or online discussions.
Some examples of the ways that you can get involved are:
- Encouraging and motivating students to raise their aspirations by making particular vocational and academic subject pathways more meaningful
- Sharing experiences of industry and working life and talking positively about the exciting opportunities available
- Raising awareness of the many career opportunities available to students in your industry
- Working with our business development team to enhance and develop your workforce through significant training opportunities
- Helping students to realise the relevance of their education and training and offering an insight into the skills and behaviours that employers hold in high regard
- Involvement in tutorials and/or presentations at events with or on behalf of the College
- Helping to develop specialist curriculum in conjunction with industry to specifically address sector needs
- Offering work placements to students (unpaid or paid) or becoming part of our Scholarship Programme
- Opportunity to work with other college partners, including schools, businesses and other organisations
- Featuring in Marketing and PR campaigns, both in print and online
What are the Benefits?
TyneMet Business Ambassadors will benefit from:
- Valuable experience which can enhance your prospects and commercial visibility
- An opportunity to gain new skills and an opportunity to build on existing skills, particularly interpersonal and influencing skills
- A sense of achievement: making a real difference to the lives of a wide variety of college students
- Contributing to the local community and providing evidence of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Meeting and networking with a wide range of new people (other Business Ambassadors, teachers and students) at various events as well as online discussion and social media involvement
- Positive media exposure to promote your business with news releases and PR opportunities
Become a Business Ambassador
To register your interest or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org