Certificate in Fitness Instructing // Level 2
This qualification provides the knowledge and skills to enable learners to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness sessions. This qualification will provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 2 and will be achieved in the context of a gym environment.
Requirements to study
No fitness related qualifications are necessary. An interest in health and fitness is expected as well as a basic level of literacy.
Aims of the course
• To develop learner’s knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to exercise and fitness
• To develop learner’s ability to plan and deliver safe and effective gym sessions
• To provide learners with the knowledge to develop good customer service and the personal qualities required by the exercise and fitness industry
• To provide learners with an awareness of health and safety in an exercise and fitness environment
• To provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further qualifications in the exercise and fitness industry
The course offers visits to local gyms and health clubs to allow candidates to experience the health and fitness industry. Guest speakers will come in to share their experiences and offer an insight into the health & fitness industry.
Assessment is through completion of workbooks, report writing, group work and a practical assessment.
• This qualification provides progression to Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Instructing Exercise and Fitness, for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in gym instruction
• Alternatively, it provides progression to Level 3 qualifications in Personal Training for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become personal trainers working with specialist populations as well as the general population
• Learners may also progress on to the Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside gym instructing in the health club environment
• Learners may also broaden their knowledge
and skills by progressing to Level 2 qualifications in Instructing Circuits, Exercise to Music and Aqua
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|