ACTIVEIQ Award Instructing Studio Cycling // Level 2
The aim of this qualification is to train learners, who already have knowledge and skills in fitness instruction to plan and deliver safe and effective group cycling sessions.
The Active IQ Award in Instructing Studio Cycling is at Level 2 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. It is also recognised by The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2, but does not provide access onto the Register. Entry onto the Register is gained via a recognised Level 2 fitness instructing qualification.
Learners will cover:
- How to design and teach safe and effective group indoor cycling sessions
- The principles of warm up, the aerobic curve and cool down
- Working to music
- Motivating participants
- A variety of group teaching skills
- Core stability exercises
- Cycle set up and safe cycling technique
- How to respond to health and safety issues
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym Instructor, ETM, Water Based or Exercise for Children)
This course will be delivered over two sessions on Saturday 24th April and Saturday 1st May.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|