Counselling Studies (Wednesday) // Level 3
This is a popular course, with a strong focus on person-centred theory and practice, for those who have completed a level 2 counselling skills certificate course and are looking to progress to a higher level of counselling training. This course is delivered by very experienced tutors who have an excellent industry reputation.
This is a great course for those who have completed a level 2 counselling qualification and would like to build on their existing counselling skills. You will also get a chance to develop your knowledge of counselling theory, ethics and importantly, your knowledge of yourself! Roles that can be enhanced by this course include health and social care, children’s care, learning and development, voluntary and community work.
What will I study?
Modules delivered on this course are
- Understand and apply the person-centred counselling approach in a counselling setting within our fully equipped bespoke skills practice booths, unique to TyneMet College
- Explore a range of theoretical counselling models to develop self-awareness in practice & understand mental health
- Prepare to work within an ethical framework for counselling
- Understand difference and diversity to develop deeper empathy
- Use feedback, reflection and supervision to support counselling studies
We want you to learn all you can about these units so you will have the opportunity to present your learning in class and complete your tasks and assignments. We have carefully designed this course to help you to successfully complete your external assessment which takes place at the end of your course.
Want to know more? Our course tutor, Carmel explains all about the course from what you learn to how you learn, check it out here.
- At least 75 guided learning hours
- An interest in working with others and are willing to be open to working with others
- An interest in your own personal development and taking on-board feedback from your peers and tutor
You must also be at least 19 years old.
Progression & Careers
On successful completion of this course you can gain a CPCAB Level 3 certificate in counselling studies. This means you will be able to apply for the Foundation Degree in counselling (or equivalent course) that can qualify you as a professional counsellor. In addition, this qualification can be attractive to employers who are looking for candidates with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
This course is also aligned with BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) guidelines. This means that your learning is relevant to prepare you to use counselling skills effectively and ethically. It also prepares you well for progression to higher education counselling courses.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|