Diploma in Plastering // Level 1
The course for you if ...
You dream of a career as a plasterer and you want to learn the basics to get started in the industry.
This multi-skilled programme is for individuals who work or want to work as a plasterer in the construction sector. The programme of study has been designed around the needs of local employers. It has a mix of both practical and theory-based learning.
This course helps you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and career progression in plastering.
Units covered include:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Prepare background surfaces and mix plastering materials
- Applying scratch coats to internal backgrounds
- Fixing sheet materials
- Applying floating coats to walls
- Applying setting coats to walls
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
The College does not set entry requirements for this qualification, but staff will discuss your potential to gain the qualification.
You will be assessed on a series of practical projects, job knowledge and modules over the year.
Progression & Careers
You could progress onto further study at TMC, such as a Level 2 Diploma in Plastering, or progress into an apprenticeship or into employment.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|