Diploma in Plastering // Level 1
The course for you if ...
You dream of a career as a plasterer and you want to learn the basics to get started in the industry.
This multi-skilled programme is for individuals who work or want to work as a plasterer in the construction sector. The programme of study has been designed around the needs of local employers. It has a mix of both practical and theory-based learning.
This course helps you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and career progression in plastering.
Units covered include:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Prepare background surfaces and mix plastering materials
- Applying scratch coats to internal backgrounds
- Fixing sheet materials
- Applying floating coats to walls
- Applying setting coats to walls
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
The college does not set formal entry requirements for this qualification, but you will need to attend an informal interview with the course tutor.
You will be assessed on a series of practical projects, job knowledge and modules over the year.
Progression & Careers
You could progress onto further study at TMC, such as a Level 2 Diploma in Plastering, or progress into an apprenticeship or into employment.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|