Diploma in Painting & Decorating // Level 1
The course for you if ...
You would love to work in the construction industry as a painter or decorator. This Level 1 Diploma in Painting & Decorating is for individuals who work or want to work as a painter and decorator in the construction sector.
This course allows you to learn and develop the basic knowledge and skills required for employment and a career as a painter and decorator. The course is delivered through a mixture of theory-based and practical sessions.
You will study units such as:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to non-complex areas
- Applying foundation and plain papers
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
The College does not set entry requirements for this qualification, but staff will discuss your potential to gain the qualification.
You will be assessed through a series of externally set question papers, practical assignments and and job knowledge.
Progression & Careers
You could progress onto further study at TMC, such as a Level 2 Diploma in Painting & Decorating, or begin your career as a painting and decorating apprentice
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|