Diploma in Domestic Plumbing // Level 1
The course for you if ...
You are interested as a school leaver and you would like to gain knowledge in becoming a plumber.
You will gain practical skills to become a fully qualified plumber after completing a series of plumbing qualifications in our purpose built space at TMC.
This Level 1 Diploma in Plumbing has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions.
This course is a one-year course that gives all the basic requirements for plumbing.
Units covered will include:
- Unit 101 - Structure of the construction industry
- Unit 102 - Fundamental safe working practices
- Unit 103 - Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Unit 104 - Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Unit 108 - Above ground drainage
- Unit 109 - Copper pipework
- Unit 110 - Plastic pressure pipework
- Unit 111 - Low carbon steel pipework
- Unit 112 - Installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
- Unit 113 - Plumbing science
The college does not set formal entry requirements for this qualification, but you will need to attend an informal interview with the course tutor.
You will be assessed on a series of units throughout the year and job knowledge.
Progression & Careers
You could continue your education by progressing to the next level of study, or to an apprenticeship, or employment in the plumbing sector.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|