Diploma in Domestic Plumbing // Level 1
The course for you if ...
You are interested as a school leaver and you would like to gain knowledge in becoming a plumber.
You will gain practical skills to become a fully qualified plumber after completing a series of plumbing qualifications in our purpose built space at TMC.
This Level 1 Diploma in Plumbing has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions.
This course is a one-year course that gives all the basic requirements for plumbing.
Units covered will include:
- Unit 101 - Structure of the construction industry
- Unit 102 - Fundamental safe working practices
- Unit 103 - Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Unit 104 - Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Unit 108 - Above ground drainage
- Unit 109 - Copper pipework
- Unit 110 - Plastic pressure pipework
- Unit 111 - Low carbon steel pipework
- Unit 112 - Installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
- Unit 113 - Plumbing science
We would require GCSEs at Grade 3 or above in English and maths. You will also need to attend an informal interview with the course tutor.
You will be assessed on a series of units throughout the year and job knowledge.
Progression & Careers
You could continue your education by progressing to the next level of study (Level 2), or to an apprenticeship.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|