Diploma in Carpentry & Joinery // Level 2
The course for you if ...
You are considering a career in carpentry or joinery and want to learn the key skills to set you up for employment in the construction industry.
This Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry is ideal for you if you wish to progress into a career in carpentry and joinery or go on to an advanced apprenticeship.
This multi-skilled programme has been designed around the needs of local employers and has a mix of both practical and theory-based units.
Units covered include:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frames, partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out carpentry maintenance
- Set up and operate a circular saw
Level 1 Diploma in Site Carpentry or equivalent, or relevant experience.
You will also need to attend an informal interview with the course tutor.
You will be assessed across a number of core units and job knowledge.
Progression & Careers
You could continue your education by progressing to the next level of study, or to an apprenticeship, or employment in the carpentry and joinery sector.