Diploma in Carpentry & Joinery // Level 1
The course for you if ...
You are considering a career in carpentry or joinery and want to learn the key skills to set you up for employment in the construction industry.
This Level 1 Diploma in Site Carpentry contains a mixture of theory-based and practical skills.
Units covered will include:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Produce woodworking joints
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
The college does not set formal entry requirements for this qualification, but you will need to attend an informal interview with the course tutor.
You will be assessed across a number of practical projects as well as coursework and job knowledge.
Progression & Careers
You could progress onto further study at TMC, such as the Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry, or enter employment in the carpentry and joinery trades.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|