Diploma in Carpentry & Joinery // Level 1
The course for you if ...
You are considering a career in carpentry or joinery and want to learn the key skills to set you up for employment in the construction industry.
This Level 1 Diploma in Site Carpentry contains a mixture of theory-based and practical skills.
Units covered will include:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Produce woodworking joints
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
The college does not set entry requirements for this qualification, but staff will discuss your potential to gain the qualification.
You will be assessed across a number of practical projects as well as coursework and job knowledge.
Progression & Careers
You could progress onto further study at TMC, such as the Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry, or enter employment in the carpentry and joinery trades.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|