Diploma in Bricklaying - Trowel Occupations // Level 1
The course for you if ...
You're interested in construction and want to you to build an exciting career in this sector.
This Level 1 Diploma is designed to prepare you for entry into the construction industry and is ideal for anyone looking for a career in bricklaying.
It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions. This multi-skilled programme has been designed around the needs of local employers and contains a mix of both practical and theory-based aspects.
Units covered include:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Contribute to setting out and building of masonry structure up to damp proof course
- Carrying out block laying activities
- Carrying out bricklaying activities
- Carrying out cavity walling activities
The college does not set entry requirements for this qualification. Staff will discuss your potential to gain the qualification.
You will be assessed through practical assignments and job knowledge.
Progression & Careers
You could progress onto further study at TMC, such as the Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying to further enhance your practical skills and knowledge.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|