Diploma in Painting & Decorating
This course is for you if...
You have the basic skills and knowledge, but would like to gain further experience in painting and decorating.
The Level 2 Diploma in Painting & Decorating will help you to learn and develop the knowledge and skills required for employment and a career as a painter and decorator.
This course is delivered through a mixture of theory-based and practical sessions, covering the following units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to complex areas
- Applying standard wallpapers to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist finishes for decorative work
- Applying and creating colour
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
Level 1 Diploma in Painting & Decorating, or equivalent. You will also need to attend an informal interview with the course tutor.
Units will be assessed by externally set question papers, practical assignments and job knowledge.
You could continue your education by progressing to the next level of study at TMC, or to an apprenticeship, or employment in the painting and decorating sector.