Mission, Vision and Values
Raising aspirations; changing lives.
Over the life of this Strategic Plan, Tyne Metropolitan College will;
- Excel through highly responsive, innovative and student-centred provision which results in outstanding outcomes and prepares our students to thrive in their chosen career pathway
- Achieve significant growth that is closely aligned to the needs of our local community and its economy,
- Meet, through a network of strategic partnerships, the social and economic needs of our community by fulfilling our role as a dynamic nucleus,
- Be widely acknowledged as the sub-regions leading further education provider of Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Maintain robust financial health and be organisationally agile and resilient.
Strategic Plan 2015-2018
Tyne Metropolitan College is ambitious for itself, its learners and its communities. Over recent years the College has transformed itself to become a leading provider of Further and Higher Education with key specialisms in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Innovation and Sport. The College has achieved a host of external accreditations and very positive reports from OFSTED and the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education.
In its latest Strategic Plan the College sets itself an ambitious goal to achieve 'Excellence through Innovation'. At the heart of the Strategic Plan are five priorities; Excellence, Growth, Partnerships, STEM and Resilience.
A summary of our Strategic Plan ‘Excellence through Innovation’ is available to download here.