Working in Partnership
TyneMet works in partnership with the University of Sunderland. All of our Foundation Degrees and teaching qualifications are awarded by the University, which means that although you study with us, your certification will be granted by the University.
This partnership also gives you a number of extra benefits including:
- Guaranteed progression routes to the final year of an Honours Degree
- Use of the University's learning resources
- Study locally at TyneMet College with the additional support of the experience and knowledge of the University
- The opportunity to participate in the University's graduation ceremony
New for 2014-15 is our Higher Education Gateway at TyneMet College's Coast Road Campus, run in partnership with the University of Sunderland, where our Sunderland University Liaison Officer is based to discuss ideas, provide information on specific courses and deliver practical help about your future.
Why Choose the University of Sunderland?
The University of Sunderland has been providing Higher Education since 1901, and is proud to be an innovative, forward-thinking university with high standards of teaching, research and support.
- Shortlisted for University of the Year in the Times Higher Education Awards 2012
- Great career support and work placement opportunities
- Superb facilities - £130m investment across two Sunderland campuses
- A safe environment for students
Both TyneMet College and the University of Sunderland actively work together to meet the needs of employers with a joined up strategy to enhance the skills of individuals.