EAL Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) // N/A
This programme forms part of the level 3 apprenticeship standard route for Engineering Technicians and offers excellent links with a wide range of employers in a variety of engineering sectors. You will develop expertise in a broad range of engineering skills and develop your competency to work with machinery and tooling commonly used within the engineering & manufacturing industry. The programme is delivered collaboratively with Tyne North Training and is designed to provide opportunities for work trials, interviews and progression into further training within a level 3 apprenticeship with local engineering employers.
Units covered will include:
- Unit 014 Preparing and Using Milling Machines
- Unit 013 Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Unit 030 Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Unit 010 Wiring & Testing Electrical Equipment & Circuits
- Unit 005 Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Unit 006 Maintaining Mechanical Devices & Equipment
- Unit 004 Conducting Business Improvement Activities
- Unit 001 Complying with Statutory Regulations & Organisational Safety Requirements
- Unit 002 Working Efficiently & Effectively in an Engineering Environment
- Unit 003 Using & Communicating Technical Information
You will be working in excellent facilities, using industry-standard equipment safely and you’ll be taught by engineers with vast industry experience and close relationships with some of the region’s largest employers.
GCSE maths and English at Grade C/ Grade 4 or above. Interview with course tutor is also required.
You will be assessed through practical assessments, a knowledge questions and an electronic portfolio
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) allows you to gain the skills you need to progress on to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering or an Apprenticeship with Tyne North Training
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|