BTEC National Diploma in Engineering // Level 3
This course is designed to give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the engineering sector by developing a range of techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Areas of study include:
- Health and Safety in the engineering workplace
- Properties and applications of engineering materials
- Electro, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and devices
- Computer Aided Drafting in engineering
- Welding technology
- Electronic circuit design and manufacture
- Mechanical principles and applications
- Electrical and electronic principles, communications for engineering technicians
- Engineering project
You will be working in excellent facilities, using industry-standard equipment safely and you’ll be taught by engineers with vast industry experience and close relationships with some of the region’s largest employers.
Four GCSEs at Grade C/ Grade 4 or above including maths, English and science. Interview with course tutor is also required.
You will be required to complete internally assessed assignments.
Progression & Careers
The Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Engineering allows you to gain the skills you need to progress to a higher-level engineering course, seek an apprenticeship or simply enjoy working within an engineering environment.
You will gain expertise on this course that will provide you with the essential components of an engineering career.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|