Diploma in Painting & Decorating // Level 2
The course for you if ...
You have the basic skills and knowledge, but would like to gain further experience in painting and decorating.
The Level 2 Diploma in Painting & Decorating will help you to learn and develop the knowledge and skills required for employment and a career as a painter and decorator.
This course is delivered through a mixture of theory-based and practical sessions, covering the following units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building
- Information and communication
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to complex areas
- Applying standard wallpapers and hangings to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist finishes for decorative work
- Applying and creating colour
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms.
Level 1 Diploma in Painting & Decorating, or equivalent. An interview is also required.
Units will be assessed by externally set question papers, practical assignments and job knowledge.
Progression & Careers
You could continue your education by progressing to the next level of study at TMC, or to an apprenticeship, or employment in the painting and decorating sector.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|