Diploma in Bricklaying - Trowel Occupations // Level 2
The course for you if ...
you’re interested in construction and want to you want to build an exciting career in this sector.
This Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying builds on the knowledge gained at Level 1, looking at different aspects of bricklaying and other trades. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions.
This multi-skilled programme has been designed around the needs of local employers and has a mix of both practical and theory-based units.
Units covered include:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Producing thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Constructing cavity walling forming masonry structures
You may be able to progress from the Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying. Our construction staff will discuss your potential to gain the qualification at an informal interview.
You will be assessed on a number of core practical units and job knowledge.
Progression & Careers
You could progress onto further study to enhance your sector skills, or enter full-time employment in the construction sector.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|